Burns Road, Cumbernauld
Burns Road is the latest affordable housing development constructed as part of Cumbernauld’s regeneration project.
Working on behalf of Sanctuary Scotland, ArcTech MU has led the design, supply and installation of gas and electric mains services for 133 new flats to support the redevelopment of the town’s Burns Road.
For a regeneration project like Cumbernauld, ArcTech MU’s expertise assured a smooth delivery of multi-utility operations which was met by the team’s ability to provide more complex and accurate project management.
The gas and electrical services provided by ArcTech MU include:
- Design approval for new Gas mains and services design
- Liaise with GT and adopting IGT and carry out MP gas connection onto existing main
- Supply and installation of MP/LP Gas governor unit and kiosk
- Supply and installation of 725m of 90/63mm Gas mains pipework
- Supply and installation of 9No gas services terminating at ground-mounted uniboxes
- Supply and installation of 124No internal gas services served via external screwed steel gas risers
- Excavate, backfill and reinstate joint bay for Gas CSEP as well as 15m of offsite track to bring new gas mains into the site boundary
- Design approval for new Electric mains and services design
- Liaise with DNO and adopting IDNO and carry out 2No electric connections onto existing main
- Supply and installation of 532m 185/95mm LV mains cable and associated jointing works
- Supply and installation of 9No single electric services for the ground floor houses
- Supply and installation of 7No Distribution boards and 124No internal electric services to serve flatted properties