Springfield Cross, Glasgow
Springfield Cross is one of the most significant residential developments presently being constructed in Glasgow.
Located on the corner of Springfield Road and London Road in the east end of the city, up to 36 homes are being created to Passivhaus standards of building accreditation making it the largest of its kind in the Glasgow and Greater Glasgow area.
Construction works, lead by Main Contractor CCG (Scotland) Ltd, commenced in November 2020 on behalf of West of Scotland Housing Association (in partnership with) hub West Scotland with completion expected in early-2022.
The site offers significant constraints and challenges given its size and adjacency to existing residential schemes and busy road infrastructure. Arc-Tech MU, utilising our expert project management capabilities, will ensure works are undertaken with minimal intrusion of the surrounding environment, undertaking the installation of a duel-fuel Gas and Electrical multi-utilities package commencing spring 2021.
The full list of Services includes:
- Design approval for new Gas mains and services design
- Liaise with GT and adopting IGT and carry out gas connection onto existing main
- Supply and installation of 77m of 90/63mm Gas mains pipework
- Supply and installation of 36No gas services via external screwed steel gas riser
- Excavate, backfill and reinstate joint bay for Gas CSEP as well as 6m of offsite track to bring new gas mains into the site boundary
- Design approval for new Electric mains and services design
- Liaise with DNO and adopting IDNO and carry out electric connection onto existing main
- Supply and installation of 109m of LV mains cabling from POC
- Supply and installation of 3No Distribution boards and 36No internal electric services to serve flatted properties
- Excavate, backfill and reinstate joint bay for Electric POC as well as 15m of offsite track to bring the new electric mains to the site boundary
West of Scotland HA and hub West Scotland